- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- We're trapped between the offseason hitting full stride and MLS Cup. But that doesn't mean the league doesn't have things we need to discuss! And it doesn't mean the LA Galaxy aren't tracking a few rumors from both inside and outside the league. On today's show, hosts Josh Guesman and Kevin Baxter discuss the Galaxy's silent approach to the offseason so far and why MLS Cup's conclusion should jump-start a very short offseason. Josh and Kevin will start clarifying the Chris Klein rumors and why the Los Angeles World Cup Committee could grab some attention from the Galaxy's President. The guys will then "transfer" over to the Ilie Sanchez rumors and tell you that, while they were fake, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. So should you stay awake at night dreaming of a 31-year-old midfielder after Jonathan dos Santos -- a 31-year-old midfielder -- kept you awake at night in 2021? Plus, there's word from Turkey (the country and not Josh's 9-pound Thanksgiving treat) that 26-year-old Tyler Boyd may be interested in joining the Galaxy. What would that mean for Greg Vanney's formation? And what could that signal to guys like Kevin Cabral, Dejan Joveljić, and Efrain Alvarez? Speaking of Alvarez and Julian Araujo, both get call-ups to Mexico's friendly with Chile. But why is Araujo harder to trade than Alvarez? Could the Galaxy ever replace Araujo? And if they had to put a number on it, how out of touch with reality is it? Finally, MLS is launching a new third division of soccer. Why is it just a suped-up reserve league, and why were the Galaxy wary of joining it when it was announced? Will they ever join? We've got a packed show for you on a Monday that we thought might be short. It wasn't. Enjoy!
NTD Evening News—12/6/2021 1. U.S. Won't Send Officials to Beijing Olympics 2. Senate to Vote on Overturning Vax Mandate 3. New Vax Mandate for Private Businesses in NYC 4. DOJ: Texas Dilutes Minority Voting Power 5. Rep. Devin Nunes to Retire, Join Trump Media 6. Trump-Backed Candidate Runs for GA Governor 7. Bob Dole's Casket to Lie in State in Capitol 8. Build Back Better to Cap Insulin at $35/Month 9. Biden Reinstates Remain in Mexico Policy 10. 3 More Missionaries in Haiti Released 11. International Outcry Over Suu Kyi's Sentence 12. Restaurant Kicks Out Officers, Apologizes 13. SF Stores Board Up Windows, Police Present 14. Effort to Recall LA DA Again as Crime Rises 15. Tesla Whistleblower Cites Solar Panel Defects 16. Chris Cuomo Quits Radio Show After CNN Firing 17. U.S.: Allies, Innovation Key to China Challenge 18. CCP Seeks 1st Atlantic Military Base: Report 19. Evergrande Moves Toward Restructuring 20. Proposals to Extend Hong Kong Visa Scheme 21. Vaccine Creator Warns Next Virus May Be Worse 22. Protests Against Covid Measures Across Europe 23. Wintering Ladybugs Gather in Calif. Park 24. Try Pottery Class as a Fun Christmas Gift
It's the fourth Annual Wishbone Brawl at Goat Hill Park in Oceanside, Calif. It's Saturday, November 20, and it's a perfect afternoon for tournament golf at a 4,500-yard par-65 municipal where everyone in the community is committed to the vibe of “World Class for the Working Class.” Class is at the core of the Wishbone Brawl, which was an idea Dean Wilson pitched to John Ashworth five years ago. Four players, two teams, best-ball and skins, persimmon woods, kids as caddies, no ropes, dogs encouraged, great attitudes are mandatory and all money raised goes to support junior golf. A quick history: In 2017, Wilson, who lives in San Diego and has invested in Goat Hill Park, teamed up with Xander Schauffele, who grew up playing in San Diego and played for San Diego State. They beat Charley Hoffman and Chris Riley, who were UNLV teammates and now both live in San Diego. In 2018, Brawl 2, Wilson brought his friend Mike Weir and they beat Schauffele and Hoffman. In 2019, Geoff Ogilvy, paired with Riley, had the walk-off ace from 133-yards on the ninth hole in a sudden-death playoff against Wilson and Schauffele. 2020 was cancelled due to Covid. But this year, the Brawl was back, bigger and better than ever. Due to a fast flood of early interest, Ashworth had to close ticket sales on Tuesday before the Saturday event. Having had roughly 400 people in the gallery in 2019, in 2021, it was looking like there would be more than 1,000. Our team at the Fire Pit Collective partnered with the production company of KuenyPearson to go live on Linksoul.com. The edited version of the broadcast as well as other perspectives on the day can now be found at firepitcollective.com. In this podcast, you'll get some of the best action and reaction, added perspective and reflections from players, caddies and people in the crowd. Schauffele and Wilson are paired together again. And today they're playing against Fred Couples and Will Kropp. Visit the The Fire Pit Collective to check out everything we are doing. Use promo Firepit25 at Linksoul.com for 25% off your next Linksoul order. Got a comment about this story or a tip on a story we should track down? You can reach me on Twitter (@mattginella) or on Instagram (@matt_ginella). For bonus visuals and some behind the scenes of The Fire Pit podcast production, go to The Fire Pit YouTube Channel. Learn more about your ad-choices at https://www.iheartpodcastnetwork.com
No cafezinho de hoje, vou ler uns trechos de algumas notícias recentes dos Estados Unidos. As tradicionais vitrines de Natal, que eram uma festa na Union Square em San Francisco, Califórnia, este ano são tábuas protegendo as lojas de ataques. No mais chocante dos roubos recentes, cerca de 80 homens mascarados em 25 carros assaltaram uma loja de departamentos Nordstrom em Walnut Creek, leste de São Francisco, Califórnia, levando mercadorias de luxo do primeiro andar e escapando em alguns minutos. Lojas das redes de varejo Target e Walgreens estão fechando unidades ou reduzindo seus horários de funcionamento na Califórnia, por conta de um aumento no número de pequenos furtos de produtos das prateleiras. Em São Francisco, onde há mais registros da ação desses criminosos, muitas lojas que fechavam às 22h todos os dias agora estão baixando as portas entre 17h e 18h para diminuir os prejuízos com a ação de criminosos. A polícia, sobrecarregada com o aumento de casos de assassinatos e outros crimes violentos, "simplesmente não consegue acompanhar" o volume de mercadorias roubadas e as pessoas que as revendem. Com medo de serem acusados por agressão ou algum tipo de preconceito, os seguranças apenas observam e gravam as imagens de pessoas que entram nas lojas, enchem as sacolas de produtos e saem sem pagar e sem serem importunadas. O que acontece nos EUA não é uma doença, mas o sintoma de uma sociedade doente. E os Estados Unidos somos nós, amanhã. No Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiaP4rWEVS0 Gostou? De onde veio este, tem muito, mas muito mais. Acesse http://mundocafebrasil.com
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- It was a relatively quiet week for the LA Galaxy. But we're starting to see some player rumors heat things up. Can the Galaxy take advantage of the smaller market struggles to take a giant leap forward in 2022? Host Josh Guesman brings you all the latest news and rumors surrounding the Galaxy and how each of those rumored players could affect how we view the club's offseason. Josh will start with the Sebastian Lletget rumors and why the Galaxy would think of trading a fan favorite. And he'll remind the listeners that the vocal minority on Lletget is absolutely a minority and that the public relations of this move must also be considered. But what could the Galaxy get with a trade in the league? And why is New England a clear landing spot for him? Next, Josh will focus on 31-year-old defensive midfielder Ilie Sanchez. There are some things that could loosely link him to the Galaxy, and that wouldn't be a bad thing. SO STOP SAYING 31 IS OLD! It's old for some players, but Sanchez has the track record of being a reliable starter for years in MLS. Plus, why is defensive midfield a position of need if the Galaxy brought in Rayan Raveloson? Finally, Corner of the Galaxy turns into House Hunters as Galaxy President Chris Klein lists his Newport Beach house for sale. What does that mean for a man who should definitely be on the hot seat (but probably isn't)? And what stupid story does Josh have about meeting Klein 13 years ago in a driveway in Corona Del Mar? It's a good Thursday show that will at least keep you abreast of what is happening around MLS and the Galaxy. Are you ready for everything to kick into the crazy season? Because that will happen faster than you think!
NTD Evening News—12/1/2021 1. Abortion Protests Erupt Outside Supreme Court 2. Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Abortion 3. Michigan School Shooting Suspect Charged as Adult 4. First Omicron Infection Detected in Calif. 5. Calif. Reacts to First Us Case of Omicron
Happy Advent! If you want to send us Christmas cards, drawings form your kids to hang up and add to our Christmas decorations, please email us at Contact@fightlaughfeast.com for our physical address. Folks, we have a lot of exciting things planned for 2022, and we are praying God blesses it all. Our club member support is key to our ability to battle it out with mainstream media, and grow as a force to be reckoned with. As you know during Advent, anyone who signs up to become an annual club member or above will get our Christmas man box. Current club members can just hit the upgrade button for this, or you can login to your club portal and just buy the Christmas man box. Of course we do these promotions to encourage you to support us, and we want to bless you as you are blessing us, and so we are grateful for all the help we can get. Also, we have a lot of people reach out to us that want to support us in creative ways, you know like help us by our own studio, church support, business partnerships, etc… and if that is the case, just email me at waterboy@CrossPolitic.com and glad to chat. One thing I am excited about, is we are working on a 3 or 4 city tour this spring, where we will be doing a one night live show on a Thursday or Friday night at a local movie theater or venue. If you are interested in booking us in your city, reach out. We already have some cities we are going to be coming too, and we will release our tour schedule as we confirm locations. This will be a night with the CrossPolitic gang, our comedian John Branyan, and special guest. So be on the lookout for our spring tour schedule. One more thing I want to tell you about before I get into the news. We are going to be producing a sort of Fight Laugh Feast QVC style show on the second Tuesday of every month. We have some many friends and companies that send us t shirts, jewelry, beard oil, even bitcoin, well we dont have room to plug everyones gifts on our show, so in the spirit of facilitation Christian businesses to work with...and that you might want to do business with, we are going to do a show once a month highlighting all the businesses that send us free merch to sport. If you want your products to show up in this show, please email Anna at Anna@FightLaughFeast.com, and dont forget to include your company logo and website...Anna will get back to you with any details needed. Merry Christmas Michigan shooting: https://www.khq.com/news/authorities-student-kills-3-wounds-6-at-michigan-school/article_dec7aaec-41ad-5d7c-b72b-68cd78aecaea.html?fbclid=IwAR1D44wWeZ-I26PIcyLZZfDHusYax0Vmn6V2eEQ5zgQ2YHozapyT-u8R-Jg According to KHQ: “Authorities say eight people were wounded in an attack at a Michigan high school in which three students were killed. Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe said at a news conference that two of the wounded were undergoing surgery as of 5 p.m. Tuesday and that the six others were in stable condition. He identified the three students who were killed as a 16-year-old boy and two girls, ages 14 and 17. Authorities say they received a flood of 911 calls shortly before 1 p.m. about an attack at Oxford High School in Oxford Township, a community of about 22,000 people roughly 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Detroit. McCabe said deputies took the shooting suspect — a 15-year-old sophomore — into custody without incident within five minutes of arriving at the school. He said the suspect's parents visited him where he's being held and advised their son not to talk to investigators, as is his right. He said as far as he knows, the suspect had no prior run-ins with law enforcement.” Public schools are not safe for your kids. Dr. Oz, celebrity physician, launches campaign for Senate in Pa. as a Republican https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/dr-oz-celebrity-physician-launches-campaign-senate-pa-republican-n1285109?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma “Dr. Mehmet Oz, a physician known to national TV audiences, announced Tuesday that he will run for Senate in Pennsylvania as a Republican, throwing more uncertainty into the closely watched primary. "We are angry at our government and at each other," Oz wrote in guest column published by The Washington Examiner. "We have not managed our crises as effectively as past generations. During the pandemic, I learned that when you mix politics and medicine, you get politics instead of solutions. That's why I am running for the U.S. Senate: to help fix the problems and to help us heal." Oz, in a video tweeted Tuesday afternoon, specified that he is seeking the Republican nomination. Pennsylvania's Senate battle became a spectacle last week when former President Donald Trump's endorsed candidate, Sean Parnell, ended his campaign after his estranged wife was granted sole legal custody of their children in a case where she alleged abuse. Parnell denied the accusations. "Pennsylvania needs a conservative who will put America first,” Oz, echoing Trump, said in his announcement video. Oz, a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania's medical school and Wharton School who as recently as 2020 lived in New Jersey, registered to vote in Pennsylvania last year at the home of his in-laws, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.” La County Sheriff Holding His Ground: https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/1465507928241176580/photo/1 Can a city declare itself a republic? Calif. town just did According to News Nation Now: Fed up with COVID-19 regulations and vaccine mandates, the leaders of one California city have decided to take matters into their own hands. Oroville's City Council overwhelmingly voted to declare the town a “constitutional republic” earlier this month. What that means, according to the declaration, is: “Any executive orders issued by the State of California or by the United States federal government that are overreaching or clearly violate our constitutionally protected rights will not be enforced by the City of Oroville against its citizens.” What does it mean in practice? Oroville's mayor told the East Bay Times it “doesn't change anything.” “It's simply reminding people what kind of government we live under and that they do have personal choices and freedoms,” Mayor Chuck Reynolds told the Times. Proponents of the constitutional republic told reporters they were especially upset with California's requirement that children 12 and older eventually get vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend school. However, even after this vote, schools in Oroville will still be regulated (and largely funded) by the state. Oroville isn't the only California city to try and take a stand against the state's COVID-19 policies. Earlier in the pandemic, two towns decided to defy Gov. Gavin Newsom's shutdown orders for certain businesses, reports the Los Angeles Times. They lost some funding from the state as a result, according to the paper. The desire to secede isn't unique to California, either. The Washington Times and a USA Today columnist noticed the trend in 2020, pointing out that rural pockets of blue states are often the ones who want out. A few Virginia counties said they wanted to join their more conservative friends in West Virginia, but Adam Dean, a history professor at the University of Lynchburg, called the prospect of getting approval from both state legislatures and Congress “extremely unlikely.” Some residents in southern Oregon and far northern California have also been trying to form a 51st state of Jefferson for nearly 80 years. But as The New York Times reports, the creation of the new state would not only require California and Oregon to give the OK — Congress would have to sign off, too. So can a city decide it's fed up with its home state and go it alone? The short answer is no, at least not by merely putting the matter to a city council vote. In theory, the city's citizens could take up arms and go to war to fight for independence. But it would literally take a civil war. And since cities don't have armies, it's easy to see why even a large metropolis would be easily outmatched — not to mention Oroville, California: population 20,000. Werkz: DNB Shan and his team at Werkz specialize in concealed carry holsters for pistols with lights. They believe every defensive pistol should have a light and a holster. They currently offer holsters for 1,274 pistol and light combinations, plus can help outfit your pistol with a light. Use their holster finder at Werkz.com/CrossPolitic and be prepared to defend day and night. Biden Bans Travel to South America: If you recall, Biden tweeted this when Trump banned travel from China: Well now that Biden banned travel to/from South America, it is not racist, because Jen Psaki said so: Roll clip: https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/1465411536801914881 File this under New Zealand has left the reservation: LA begins enforcing strict mandate requiring proof of vax https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/la-begins-enforcing-strict-mandate-requiring-proof-vax-81457466?cid=social_fb_abcnp According to ABC news: “Enforcement began Monday in Los Angeles for one of the strictest vaccine mandates in the country, a sweeping measure that requires proof of shots for everyone entering a wide variety of businesses from restaurants to theaters and gyms to nail and hair salons. While the latest order aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus took effect Nov. 8, city officials spent the past three weeks providing business owners the information and resources business they need to comply. “Nobody wants to penalize anyone,” said Sharon Tso, the city's Chief Legislative Analyst, whose office drafted the enforcement rules. “That's why we've been prioritizing education.” A first offense will bring a warning but subsequent ones could produce fines running from $1,000 to $5,000. Inspectors with the Department of Building and Safety will enforce the mandate, and the city hopes to eventually get assistance from the LA County Department of Public Health, Tso said. She didn't immediately know if any warnings or citations were issued on Monday. Los Angeles is among a growing number of cities across the U.S., including San Francisco and New York City, requiring people show proof of vaccination to enter various types of businesses and venues. But rules in the nation's second-most-populous city, called SafePassLA, apply to more types of businesses and other indoor locations including concert halls, museums and convention centers. A sign reminding customers to be prepared to show their vaccine cards hangs at the Muddy Paw Coffee Shop in the Eagle Rock neighborhood, where owner Darren Laborie said he's thankful that the vast majority of his regulars have happily complied with the shifting regulations over the past year and a half. “We have to adapt to whatever rules are coming at us. And our customers go along with us,” Laborie said. Those that don't want to wear a mask or show vaccine proof can sit in the outdoor patio or take their coffees and pastries to go, he said. One year ago, Los Angeles was becoming the state's epicenter of the worst spike of the pandemic in California. By January an average of 500 people were dying statewide every day. To guard against another spike in cases, deaths and hospitalizations, the LA City Council voted 11-2 last month for the ordinance that requires people 12 and older to be fully vaccinated to enter indoor public spaces including sports arenas, museums, spas, indoor city facilities and other locations. Retail stores and shopping malls are exempt. Negative coronavirus tests within 72 hours of entry to those establishments would be required for people with religious or medical exemptions for vaccinations. Customers without proof can still use outdoor facilities and can briefly enter a business to use a restroom or pick up a food order. Business trade groups have said the mandate will sow confusion and could present safety concerns for employees tasked with checking customers' vaccination status. Laborie shares concerns that the rules could place “an undue burden” on small business owners. “A lot of businesses can't afford to have employees spending their time at the front door all the time. They just don't have the staffing,” he said. Melanie Bolen happily showed her vaccine card before having lunch inside Fred 62, an upscale diner in the city's Los Feliz neighborhood. “I mean, I'm fine with that," Bolen said. "If that's what's needed to help get things over with this pandemic, I'm all for it.” While many cold-weather states are seeing sharp increases in cases, California's per capita rate has been among the nation's lowest for two months and that has kept hospitalizations relatively low after a late-summer surge. In the last two weeks, Los Angeles County hospitalizations have fallen about 10%, mirroring the statewide trend. State forecasts show a continuing decline through Christmas. Among LA county's roughly 10 million people, 82% of eligible residents now have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and 74% of those eligible are fully vaccinated, according to public health officials.” Remember that in 2021, where we had lockdowns and access to a vaccine, we had more COVID deaths this year, than we did in 2020. Lockdowns don't work, the vaxx don't work, and all these health bureaucracies need to go! Twitter Crackdown: Video And Photo Sharing Banned Without Consent Under First Day With New CEO https://www.dailywire.com/news/twitter-crackdown-video-and-photo-sharing-banned-without-consent-under-first-day-with-new-ceo?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro According to the Daily Wire: “One day after Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey resigned from the company he founded about 16 years ago, Twitter, under new CEO Parag Agrawal has issued a new ban that restricts sharing videos or photos without consent on the platform. The new addition was listed on Twitter's blog on Tuesday, saying, “NEW: media of private individuals without the permission of the person(s) depicted.” The new policy is designed to “help curb the misuse of media to harass, intimidate, and reveal the identities of private individuals, which disproportionately impacts women, activists, dissidents, and members of minority communities.” “Beginning today, we will not allow the sharing of private media, such as images or videos of private individuals without their consent. Publishing people's private info is also prohibited under the policy, as is threatening or incentivizing others to do so,” Twitter also noted. Twitter's guidelines will also leave room for interpretation based on “context.” “Our existing private information policy includes many exceptions in order to enable robust reporting on newsworthy events and conversations that are in the public interest,” Twitter's guidelines state.” Lastly, lets get an update on former disgraced Governor Cuomo and his brother “objective journalist” Chris Cuomo: Roll clip: https://www.today.com/video/chris-cuomo-s-link-with-former-ny-gov-andrew-cuomo-draws-new-focus-127500357987 What strikes me about all this, is that CNN claims to be an objective news source and yet they continue to hire journalist that cover up major news stories, or that masterbate on live company conference calls like Jeffrey Toobin did. CNN really is a cesspool of liars, molesters, and power hungry zealots. They really do hate the truth. Closing This is Gabriel Rench with Crosspolitic News. Support Rowdy Christian media by joining our club at fightlaughfeast.com, downloading our App, and head to our annual Fight Laugh Feast Events. With your partnership, together we will fight outdated and compromised media, engage news and politics with the gospel, and replace lies and darkness with truth and light. Go to fightlaughfeast.com to take all these actions. Have a great day. Lord bless
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- Welcome back, you turkeys! We hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving break, but we're ready to get back to LA Galaxy business. And there was a lot of business to decipher. On today's show, hosts Josh Guesman and Kevin Baxter (from Mexico) want to get you caught up on all the Galaxy news that dropped over the holiday weekend. An there's a surprising amount, even if the events themselves weren't unexpected. Josh and Kevin will start by discussing the departure of Dennis te Kloese to Feyenoord and why the Galaxy aren't blameless in his leaving. But will te Kloese have a legacy? And what would that legacy be? Plus, who will take over in the General Manager role, and why is a Technical Director different from a GM? Plus, the guys want to look at the announcement that Jonathan dos Santos won't be returning to the club in 2022. At 31-years-old is dos Santos a victim of poor systems or a body that couldn't keep up with MLS anymore. Josh and Kevin will then go over the roster decisions the club announced today and tell you why the Galaxy really didn't do much with their option declines and out-of-contract players. But shopping for a Designated Player has already started. Finally, the show will go over the offseason calendar that MLS released and tell you why the Galaxy get to take the 2022 Expansion Draft as a snow day. We've got a packed show that includes a wintery mix of Galaxy news and analysis. Are the Galaxy better off with te Kloese gone? Thanks for joining us!
AMA CXO Todd Unger talks with Marcia Nelson, MD, chief medical officer at Enloe Medical Center in Chico, Calif., about how her organization's culture changed dramatically with the restoration of its physician lounge.
Have you ever been inspired by a child or impressed by the maturity of a teenager? Have you ever looked at their life and just been in awe with how God gifted them and how they are using those gifts to help others? I cannot wait to share with you about Jessie Rees and the foundation that was inspired by her. This week on the podcast, I am talking with her father, Erik Rees and he is going to share Jessie's story and how it birthed the Jessie Rees foundation that helps children fighting cancer. Their Joy Jars and phrase NEGU, Never Ever Give Up, has helped encourage and inspire many children who are walking this hard road as well as their families and siblings. This Tuesday is Giving Tuesday, so I cannot wait to share with you about this amazing foundation and the inspiration behind it, Jessie Rees! Let me just say, this is a powerful testimony of how God brings purpose to our pain. I promise you do not want to miss one word; there is so much wisdom in this episode. The Jessie Rees Foundation believes every child fighting cancer deserves joy, the opportunity to smile, and be encouraged to Never Ever Give Up. To learn more about the Jessie Rees Foundation, please visit their website: https://negu.org/ I highly recommend clicking the get involved tab to see all the ways you can help support this phenomenal foundation. Book Recommendation: *Living the Life You Were Meant To Live by Tom Patterson Erik Rees has dedicated himself to empowering people to find and fulfill their God-given purpose in life for more than 25 years. Rees began his career in 1993 as a pastor, strategist and trainer at world-renowned Saddleback Church, where he helped grow the congregation from 3,000 to more than 30,000 followers over a 20-year period. During this amazing time Rees helped train church leaders around the world on keys to building an "Empowering Church Culture". In addition, he wrote several best selling's books: SHAPE: Finding & Fulfilling Your Purpose In Life; Only You Can Be You: 21 Days to Living Your Purpose; Tilt: Small Leadership Changes for Big Results and Your Life Review. Upon losing his daughter, Jessie, to inoperable brain cancer on January 5, 2012, he and his wife Stacey formed the Jessie Rees Foundation and has functioned as a member of the Board to ensure that children fighting cancer have the support and resources they need to “Never Ever Give Up.” He shares this inspiring message in his newest book Never Ever Give Up: The Inspiring Story of Jessie and her JoyJars. Under the daily leadership of his wife, the Jessie Rees Foundation has raised over $25,000,000 dollars in donations to care for children impacted by cancer. They have also stuffed and sent over 350,000 JoyJars to children fighting cancer in all 50 states and 41 countries. He and his wife live in Orange County, Calif. with their two other children, Shaya and JT, and their dogs. *Note: If you are interested in purchasing the book recommended, I would love for you to use the Amazon Affiliate link above to help support the podcast. Thank you!
The Vikings lost injured running back Dalvin Cook, who fumbled when his shoulder was dislocated in the third quarter of Sunday's loss against the 49ers. Ben Goessling, Andrew Krammer and Jim Souhan discuss the turnovers, attrition and the latest around the NFC from Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.
On today's episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we are joined by The Atlantic magazine Staff Writer Caitlin Flanagan and FIRE President and CEO Greg Lukianoff to discuss a wide range of topics, including Caitlin's articles that touch on free speech, her growing up in Berkeley, Calif. the daughter of a professor, and newsroom orthodoxies and censorship. Show notes: Caitlin's The Atlantic article archive “Can We Take a Joke?” documentary “That's Not Funny!” by Caitlin Flanagan “The Dark Power of Fraternities” by Caitlin Flanagan Dave Chappelle's “The Closer” Columbia University: Ideological litmus tests at Teachers College Emerson College: Conservative student group investigated for distributing “China Kinda Sus” stickers “Advancing Health Equity: A Guide to Language, Narrative and Concepts” by the American Medical Association and the Association of American Medical Colleges “Letters to a Young Contrarian” by Christopher Hitchens www.sotospeakpodcast.com Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/freespeechtalk Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sotospeakpodcast Email us: email@example.com
21 November 2021 | Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe | Menlo Park, Calif. On this last Sunday of the liturgical year, we discuss the ending of The Hobbit, the eucatastrophe at the Battle of Five Armies, and the homecoming of Bilbo. What is the difference between deus ex machina and the providence of Deus Creator? What does it mean that Christ is King “already, but not yet”? And while we're asking big questions: what is the purpose of life? Listen to hear Tolkien's answers (and mine) to these and more than these! Opening music: “Christus vincit (‘Laudes regiae'),” sequence for the feast of Christ the King, sung by Sequentia (dir. Benjamin Bagby) and Dialogos (dir. Katarina Livljanić), 2012. All rights reserved. --- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/in-your-embrace/message
Era comum que bem no meio da semana os 8 - duas mães e 6 filhos, entrassem em sua van e partissem para alguma aventura que envolvesse algum propósito seja político, social ou espiritual. Eles dançaram em Idaho, meditaram no Parque Nacional de Zion e cantaram nas ruas de New Orleans. A Van da Família Hart estava sempre na estrada, passando algum tipo de mensagem. Essa era a marca deles. Cada viagem, uma mensagem. Em sua viagem final, a van da família acelerou em direção a um penhasco na Califórnia, caindo nas aguas frias e rochosas do oceano pacifico. E a pergunta que fica é: Que mensagem foi essa?
This week on Black on Black Cinema, the crew returns to introduce the next film, "King Richard." The film follows Richard Williams, armed with his 78 page plan, who is determined to write his two daughters, Venus and Serena, into history. Training on tennis courts in Compton, Calif., Richard shapes the girls' unyielding commitment and keen intuition. Together, the Williams family defies seemingly insurmountable odds and the prevailing expectations laid before them. The random topic this week is all about Black Thanksgiving. Traditions, things we like/don't like, and of course shenanigans.
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- We're wrapping up before the Thanksgiving break. But we also want to let you know that the LA Galaxy may not be wrapping up yet. Are you confused? Don't worry. We're here to unconfuse you. And you're going to want to stick around for a little story about a little turkey (only one nine-pound turkey was harmed in the making of this podcast) Host Josh Guesman wants to update you on the Galaxy's offseason schedule and why some players have already flown the coop. Why is the club in voluntary workouts? And what is the technical staff doing behind the scenes? Josh wants to talk briefly about Jalen Neal, why the Galaxy should be at home for the first weekend of the league, and why playing against Charlotte FC might be one of the largest crowds in league history. Have you already booked your hotel? Are you thinking of flying into CLT? We promise there won't be any jokes... Your turkey-eating host will also discuss MLS odds for who could win the MLS Cup, Dennis te Kloese and an announcement on his future, and when the Galaxy might be letting everyone in on their Option Declines and Out-of-Contract players. Soon is the answer. But how soon? Will they ruin Josh's off-week? Finally, Josh will take you back to Maryland, where he'll talk about a tiny turkey that ended up feeding a whole room of people. It's a Thanksgiving miracle of sorts (not really). And Josh would also like to reaffirm his love for his mother-in-law and his wife. Really. He loves them both! Happy Thanksgiving from everyone at CoG! Enjoy some time with your family and maybe don't make room for those vegetables!
Today's episode features an interview with a man who operates a marketing business to help local companies do a better job in building awareness of their products and services. Brian Ostrovsky and his family started RVing about a year and a half ago. Originally from Sacramento, Calif., he and his wife raise five children ranging in ages from 4 to 13. They travel in a KZ Durango fifth wheel bunkhouse, which ensures everyone has enough space. Brian created a marketing workshop program with which he works with local chambers of commerce and main street businesses. His wife was a teacher, but now she coordinates the roadschooling activities of their children. He describes some curriculum their family uses to assist in educating the kids so they learn effectively in whatever subject level they are learning. When the family started RVing, Brian was traveling from community to community to equip businesses to become more effective in their marketing. He has a masters of business administration and a passion for helping small businesses, especially after seeing the internet was making it more difficult for them to compete effectively. Brian also developed software to help businesses with their marketing, which he distributes as well. It creates a robust web platform to help firms collect more reviews, send email newsletters and help leverage the power of a business owner's own network. Currently, 7,000 small businesses utilize his software. He authored a book called Marketing 3-4-5 which targets small business owners who may not be experts in marketing. The book describes three reasons any business must do marketing, four reasons customers opt to support a business, and five ways customers can find businesses. Brian outlines a series of easy steps owners can take to advance their companies with 15-minute activities. It gives them insight into simple things they can do reach more customers. For example, he developed templates and prompts which help people create interesting blog posts. One of Brian's biggest challenges is maintaining an internet connection, and he outlines some of the things he does to juggle service providers to maintain consistent service wherever he may be. Changes in technology have made it possible for professionals like Brian to manage 7,000 customers from the road – and still have plenty of time to enjoy family activities. He tries to schedule business meetings and important phone calls in the middle of the day, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., when the children can be outside. That schedule also gives his family more time to explore a local area in the afternoon. The family has faced several challenges on the road, especially when the truck that hauls their home as well as the seven family members, decided to act up during the middle of a trip. But, thankfully, they were able to find an independent service center to fix them up and get them on their way. As a general rule, the family moves to a new location every week and tries to travel on weekends. To make travel more fun, they spend a lot of time in small towns where they seek out local ice cream shops on various main streets. In fact, Brian estimates his family has visited more than 250 small towns and main streets on their journey. Spending time in small towns also gives the family a completely different perspective of an area rather than zeroing in on bigger cities. Not only is it more challenging to tow an RV or even park a larger truck in big cities, but Brian finds that they enjoy a more authentic experience by spending time in smaller communities. To learn more about Brian and his company, visit www.locable.com. His book, Marketing 3-4-5, is available on Amazon. Brian says information in it could be adapted to RV-based businesses as well. I wish the Ostrovsky family the best of luck as they continue their quest to find the ideal ice cream wherever they may travel. You can follow their adventures on Instagram by conn...
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- The LA Galaxy are entering what looks like their last week in the office before the offseason really sets in. So on this episode, hosts Josh Guesman and Kevin Baxter (joining from Jamaica) decide to update you on a whole bunch of things that concern the Galaxy and the city of Los Angeles. Josh and Kevin will start by discussing the Galaxy's international players and what they've been up to during the last break before the MLS playoffs kick-off and then wrap up. They'll talk about players like Niko Hamalainen and Rayan Raveloson and what their travel schedules could have meant during the playoffs. Plus, will Oniel Fisher face off against Sebastian Lletget on Tuesday night? Then Kevin will drop some hints on when the MLS home openers could drop while also discussing the FIFA tour of Los Angeles. Will LA get a World Cup Final again? Finally, the guys discuss Dennis te Kloese's future with the Galaxy and why an option year doesn't always mean the club has an option. That's right, we're talking about performance metrics, and those could affect the Galaxy's season. Will Dan Steres be staying with the Galaxy in 2022? And what could that mean for Sebastian Lletget too? Will Greg Vanney be wheeling and dealing as he looks to place some pieces on a team that missed the playoffs? We've got a fun little show for you today. And we're trying to pack everything in before the Thanksgiving week shuts everything down -- including us. So sit back and relax. We've got offseason Galaxy-talk heading your way!
Patrocínio: Alphacode Ganhe 10% de desconto para fazer seu aplicativo Android ou iOS com a Alphacode! Acesse https://www.alphacode.com.br. -------------------------------- Sobre o Podcast O Loop Matinal é um podcast do Loop Infinito que traz as notícias mais importantes do mundo da tecnologia para quem não tem tempo de ler sites e blogs de tecnologia. Marcus Mendes apresenta um resumo rápido e conciso das notícias mais importantes, sempre com bom-humor e um toque de acidez. Confira as notícias das últimas 24h, e até amanhã! -------------------------------- Apoie o Loop Matinal! O Loop Matinal está no apoia.se/loopmatinal e no picpay.me/loopmatinal! Se você quiser ajudar a manter o podcast no ar, é só escolher a categoria que você preferir e definir seu apoio mensal. Obrigado em especial aos ouvintes Advogado Junio Araujo, Alexsandra Romio, Alisson Rocha, Anderson Barbosa, Anderson Cazarotti, Angelo Almiento, Arthur Givigir, Breno Farber, Caio Santos, Carolina Vieira, Christophe Trevisani, Claudio Souza, Dan Fujita, Daniel Ivasse, Daniel Cardoso, Diogo Silva, Edgard Contente, Edson Pieczarka Jr, Fabian Umpierre, Fabio Brasileiro, Felipe, Francisco Neto, Frederico Souza, Gabriel Souza, Guilherme Santos, Henrique Orçati, Horacio Monteiro, Igor Antonio, Igor Silva, Ismael Cunha, Jeadilson Bezerra, Jorge Fleming, Jose Junior, Juliana Majikina, Juliano Cezar, Juliano Marcon, Leandro Bodo, Luis Carvalho, Luiz Mota, Marcus Coufal, Mauricio Junior, Messias Oliveira, Nilton Vivacqua, Otavio Tognolo, Paulo Sousa, Ricardo Mello, Ricardo Berjeaut, Ricardo Soares, Rickybell, Roberto Chiaratti, Rodrigo Rosa, Rodrigo Rezende, Samir da Converta Mais, Teresa Borges, Tiago Soares, Victor Souza, Vinícius Lima, Vinícius Ghise e Wilson Pimentel pelo apoio! -------------------------------- Tesla remove USB de carros: https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/13/22780037/tesla-reportedly-shipping-cars-without-usb-ports Among Us terá crossover com Arcane: https://www.innersloth.com/announcing-the-among-us-x-arcane-cosmicube/ GTA Trilogy volta a ser vendido para PCs: https://tecnoblog.net/532025/gta-trilogy-retorna-a-loja-da-rockstar-depois-de-ser-removido-por-3-dias/ TikTok para iOS ganha função de SharePlay: https://9to5mac.com/2021/11/15/tiktok-for-ios-adds-clever-for-us-page-when-on-a-facetime-call-with-shareplay/ Snap é processada sob acusação de ter mentido para investidores: https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/snap-shareholder-sues-over-apple-privacy-tweak-fallout-2021-11-12/ Instagram permitirá escolher posts que aparecem no feed: https://9to5mac.com/2021/11/12/instagram-testing-option-to-let-users-choose-which-posts-to-see-in-main-feed/ Lives do Instagram terão moderação: https://9to5mac.com/2021/11/14/instagram-to-add-live-moderators-still-working-on-stories-like-button/ Positivo lança câmera de segurança: https://tecnoblog.net/531924/positivo-lanca-2a-geracao-de-smart-camera-wi-fi-que-e-mais-facil-de-instalar/ Anatel homologa os novos Macs: https://macmagazine.com.br/post/2021/11/13/novos-macbooks-pro-de-14-e-16-sao-homologados-pela-anatel/ Galaxy S21 FE vaza de novo: https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/13/22779911/samsung-galaxy-s21-fe-leak-shows-device Samsung diz quais telefones ganharão o Android 12 no Brasil: https://tecnoblog.net/531982/android-12-no-brasil-confira-lista-oficial-da-samsung-para-celulares-galaxy/ Microsoft bloqueia bloqueador do Edge: https://tecnoblog.net/531831/windows-11-impede-truque-que-permitia-abrir-links-fora-do-microsoft-edge/ Apple faz acordo e pagará US$30M para funcionários na Califórnia: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-13/apple-to-pay-30-million-over-security-checks-for-store-workers Apple se envolve em polêmica de pagamento de anúncios não-solicitados: https://9to5mac.com/2021/11/15/apple-secretly-buying-ads-apps/ iOS 15.2 adiciona botão de macro à câmera: https://9to5mac.com/2021/11/12/iphone-gets-macro-mode-toggle-in-camera-app/ -------------------------------- Site do Loop Matinal: http://www.loopmatinal.com Anuncie no Loop Matinal: firstname.lastname@example.org Marcus Mendes: https://www.twitter.com/mvcmendes Loop Infinito: https://www.youtube.com/oloopinfinito
In this episode, AABP Executive Director Dr. Fred Gingrich has a conversation with the candidates for the 2022 AABP Vice President election. The candidates are Dr. Dave Sjeklocha and Dr. Fred Muller. We ask the candidates to introduce themselves, tell us what being an AABP member has meant to them, ask their ideas about how AABP can support our members and improve recruitment and retention of cattle veterinarians, and what initiative they would support as a leader in the organization. We thank both Dr. Sjeklocha and Dr. Muller for their past service to AABP and for accepting the nomination for AABP Vice President. The candidate receiving the most votes will be seated after the annual business meeting in Long Beach, Calif. on September 24, 2022. The online ballot is now open at this link. You can view candidate bios, read the question-and-answer document published in the November newsletter, and watch their videos from the candidate's introductions from the Salt Lake City conference. Voting will close on December 30, 2021 at 5 pm Eastern time.
14 November 2021 | VI Resumed Sunday after Epiphany | Menlo Park, Calif. This week on the podcast, we catch up with Bilbo and company at the Lonely Mountain and discuss some key differences between The Hobbit and the rest of Tolkien's legendarium, as well as one controlling theme which unites this work and the Lord of the Rings. We consider the question: is courage determined by your Tookish blood? Also: musings on sacred art and beauty, the earthly liturgy as a living image of the heavenly liturgy, and one way altar servers are like angels! Opening music: “De profundis,” composed by Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck, sung by Capella Amsterdam, dir. Daniel Reuss, 2020. All rights reserved. --- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/in-your-embrace/message
During the pandemic, online shopping has become more popular than ever. That's especially true as we head into the holidays. Today, we look at one community that says it's seeing the costs of that growth in its air quality. Read more:To meet the increased online shopping demand, companies like Target, Walmart and Amazon use big distribution centers — warehouses that store products and ship things to customers as fast as possible. (We should say here that Amazon founder Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post.)These warehouses can take a toll, though — on Amazon workers, as The Post has reported, and on the community around them. Today on Post Reports, Kori Suzuki brings us to Fontana, Calif., where a fight over warehouses has consumed the city. If you value the journalism you hear in this podcast, please subscribe to The Washington Post. We have a deal for our listeners — one year of unlimited access to everything The Post publishes for just $29. To sign up, go to postreports.com/offer.
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP Dignity Health Sports Park was once holy ground. Can some big roster decisions make it a fortress again? Do you feel like 2021 needs a redo? I almost do! COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- The LA Galaxy are being thrust into offseason mode much too quickly. With the MLSPA releasing their list of Free Agents for the 2022 season, decisions are going to be made very soon on the futures of several Galaxy players that have called LA home for a while. Hosts Josh Guesman and Eric Vieira are back to get you prepped for an offseason that won't have a ton of flexibility, but the Galaxy are hoping for familiarity to avoid another sad, beautiful, tragic season at Dignity Health Sports Park. But we're considering ourselves the lucky one to be here explaining what the Galaxy need to take into consideration when it comes to veteran players who do more than their time on the field would suggest. Can the Galaxy afford to bring back guys like Sacha Kljestan and Victor Vazquez knowing that as their bodies age everything has changed? This is just the first of many roster discussions Josh and Eric will be having in the offseason and they're also sprinkling in some stats on the improvement of the team from 2020 and maybe why that shouldn't be considered apples to oranges. How many goals better was the Galaxy's defense? And how many points of improvement should you expect in 2022? We've got a lot of details to share, and we'll tell you why Larry Morgan and Cog are never ever getting back together. Thanks for joining us on a very special night, and hopefully this won't be the last time we see you. A new season is already upon us. It's time to begin again!
The Nebraska softball program added six talented student-athletes to its roster on Wednesday, announced Head Coach Rhonda Revelle. Outfielder Dakota Carter (Eastvale, Calif.), Talia Tokheim (San Carlos, Calif.), Katelyn Caneda (Cerritos, Calif.), Alina Felix (Tucson, Ariz.), Haidyn Warner (Oro Valley, Ariz.) and Ashley Smetter (Lincoln, Neb.) will join the Huskers next fall.
Talk to, or about, CircleCI CFO Chitra Balasubramanian and you'll hear the word “team” early and often. The phrase describes her leadership approach and to how her finance group equips colleagues with next-level business and customer insights. Current and former colleagues will tell you how much value (and fun) she brings to any “solve team.” And Balasubramanian refers to her “insights team” when discussing her group's FP&A activities at CircleCI, a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform that helps developers do their work faster while ensuring high-quality code. The key to delivering actionable business nights, Balasubramanian notes, includes creating clear problem statements and outcomes. When that clarity is wanting, Balasubramanian's insight team clicks into exploratory mode. Once the financial analysts have gleaned what the business needs to make better decisions, it's time to distill. “We don't want to simply relay a party bag full of information,” Balasubramanian asserts. “Our role is to deliver insights that are consumable and that immediately stimulate a productive dialogue among our stakeholders.” That those financial analyses could influence shareholder value marks a touchstone career moment for Balasubramanian, who previously worked at RetailNext. “Finance teams have a lot of opportunities to lean in and drive the business forward,” she adds. “By looking at customer data from a finance perspective, we can glean new insights that help other business stakeholders actually improve the end-customer experience.” A focus on delivering beyond-finance insights is fitting given that Balasubramanian is the only CFO currently on the board of trustees team at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, Calif.
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- Should we even be here talking about an LA Galaxy season that shouldn't be over? Can we talk about a blown call in a game that was more than 1,500 miles away? Can we blame a team that couldn't get it done at home? And can we say goodbye to a member of CoG that has been integral to its success? Well, we're going to talk about all of it. We're going to go over a game the Galaxy shouldn't have lost, and we're going to talk about a coach that got some things wrong on the night. And while doing all of that, we're going to look back on a season that had plenty of opportunities and very little execution. The bottom line is that this Galaxy team wasn't ready to be in the playoffs. And playing against Minnesota at home, they didn't have the experience to get a result. We'll also discuss Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez and why Julian Araujo has a lot to learn about the really big games. Finally, we'll talk about Dennis te Kloese's future with the Galaxy and figure out why that situation may come to a head very quickly. The offseason starts right now, and we've got a lot to cover in a relatively short amount of time!
NTD Evening News—11/8/20211. Lawsuit Filed Against Travis Scott, Promoters2. Security Expert on Deadly Concert Stampede3. Companies React to Aaron Rodgers' Vax Comment4. Multiple Lawsuits Against Biden's Vax Mandate5. Biden Approval Hits New Low of 38%: USA Today6. Biden Admin Pushes Schools to Host Vax Clinic7. 1 Charged, $6.1M Seized in Ransomware Crimes8. Philadelphia Holds Annual Veterans Parade9. Boston Parade Kicks Off Veterans Month10. U.S. Lifts Travel Ban for Canada, Mexico11. Biden Hosts Milwaukee Bucks at White House12. NYC Marathon: Runners Share Their Passion13. 28LBS of Heroin Worth $4MIL. Seized in NYC14. Elon Musk's Twitter Poll Results Are In15. Calif. Governor Not Seen Since Booster Shot16. Calif. School Investigates Controversial Quiz17. Antifa, Anti-Vax Mandate Protesters Clash18. Fierce Panic Buying in Parts of China19. Beijing Snowstorm Comes Earlier Than Expected20. Hundreds Protest Energy Price Hike in Poland21. Spaniards Protest Rise in Electricity Costs22. Lights Illuminate Chicago Botanic Garden23. Rare Masterpieces at Paris Fine Arts Fair24. Regent St. Motor Show Revs Up for the Crowds
Flippy, the burger-turning robotic arm developed by Miso Robotics, now has the capability to conquer the fry station and the flat-top grill. The Pasadena, Calif.-based startup that designs and builds automated solutions for the foodservice industry announced upgrades to its flagship product, Flippy, and the launch of a new product line called Flippy Wings. Flippy 2 is the company's next-generation product that is faster and more customizable than the original Flippy robotic arm. Among other enhancements, Flippy 2 features the AutoBin system for foods like onion rings or chicken tenders. Using artificial intelligence, the system identifies the food, picks it up, cooks it in the correct fry basket and places the food in the correct holding area. Flippy Wings includes the AutoBin system and is currently installed at the Inspire Brands Innovation Center in Atlanta, Ga. Inspire Brands is the parent company of Buffalo Wild Wings. Miso says Flippy Wings eventually will be installed at a standalone Buffalo Wild Wings location in 2022. In May, we spoke with Buck Jordan, co-founder, president and chairman of Miso Robotics about the potential for robotics to improve operating and working conditions in commercial kitchens. In this episode of the MEAT+POULTRY Podcast, Mike Bell, chief executive officer of Miso Robotics, gives more details about Flippy 2, Flippy wings, the company's pilot projects with Inspire Brands and the financial support that allows the company to keep the innovations coming. --- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/meatpoultry-podcast/message
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- The LA Galaxy are gearing up for the ultimate finish on Sunday. And it's going to be two hours of absolute mayhem. Are you ready for Decision Day on steroids? Are you ready for multiple scenarios that get the Galaxy to the post-season? On today's show, hosts Josh Guesman and Sophie Nicolaou discuss the Galaxy's draw with Seattle, the lineup choices Greg Vanney made, and the stuttering development of a Young Designated Player that got it all wrong and could still cost the Galaxy a playoff spot. Josh and Sophie want to get at the heart of the Galaxy's woes over the last five seasons and why a big club like the Galaxy can't fill the seats. Is it only about winning? Or is it something else? Are the Galaxy missing characters? Are they missing stars? Your hosts are also updating you on Dennis te Kloese's contract and why the Galaxy picked up his option. Does that mean that te Kloese is staying for 2022? Not. So. Fast. Josh will introduce the players he thinks will make the end-of-the-year awards for the Galaxy and why one name, in particular, keeps popping up. Could we see history with the Player of the Year and Defender of the Year awards going to the same person? Finally, Josh and Sophie want to get you ready for a "must-win" game that is both a must-win and not a must-win. It isn't very clear, but we're more than prepared to explain what's about to happen. Keep your phones handy during the match. This show is over 90 minutes of Galaxy-talk that you'll need ahead of the simultaneous kick-offs on Sunday. Can the Galaxy beat a Minnesota United team that only needs a draw to get into the playoffs? This is it! The last show of the regular season. Will we be back on Monday to preview the playoffs? Or will we be starting the post-mortem of a 2021 season that went well off the rails? Let's go!
Today we fight a ninja, learn that some ghosts like to follow you home, and then we look up at the night sky and see . . . Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=18482113 MERCH STORE!!! https://tinyurl.com/y8zam4o2 Help Promote Dead Rabbit! Dual Flyer https://i.imgur.com/OhuoI2v.jpg "As Above" Flyer https://i.imgur.com/yobMtUp.jpg “Alien Flyer” By TVP VT U https://imgur.com/gallery/aPN1Fnw Links: EP 714 - CURSED EPISODE WARNING: The Little Girl On Ave E https://deadrabbitradio.libsyn.com/ep-714-cursed-episode-warning-the-little-girl-on-ave-e EP 116 - Monkeys Don't Exist https://deadrabbitradio.libsyn.com/ep-116-monkeys-dont-exist Special ops troops ‘hunkered down' in California airport hangar after nighttime ninja attack https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/2021-09-30/ninja-attack-special-operations-california-airport-3076663.html Authorities identify suspect in bizarre ninja attack on special ops troops at Calif. airport https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2021-10-01/suspect-identified-ninja-sword-service-member-attack-inyokern-airport-california-3093598.html Listen to the daily podcast anywhere you listen to podcasts! ------------------------------------------------ Logo Art By Ash Black Opening Song: "Atlantis Attacks" Closing Song: "Humanity's December" Music By Simple Rabbitron 3000 created by Eerbud Thanks to Chris K, Founder Of The Golden Rabbit Brigade Dead Rabbit Archivist Some Weirdo On Twitter AKA Jack Youtube Champ Stewart Meatball The Haunted Mic Arm provided by Chyme Chili Thanks to Fabio N! Pintrest https://www.pinterest.com/basque5150/jason-carpenter-hood-river/ http://www.DeadRabbit.com Email: DeadRabbitRadio@gmail.com Twitter: @DeadRabbitRadio Facebook: www.Facebook.com/DeadRabbitRadio Dead Rabbit Radio Subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadRabbitRadio/ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@deadrabbitradio Jason Carpenter PO Box 1363 Hood River, OR 97031 Paranormal, Conspiracy, and True Crime news as it happens! Jason Carpenter breaks the stories they'll be talking about tomorrow, assuming the world doesn't end today. All Contents Of This Podcast Copyright Jason Carpenter 2018 - 2020
NTD News Today—11/4/2021 1. Fine for Non-compliance Up to $14,000 2. Nj. Democrat Phil Murphy Wins Reelection 3. Truck Driver Wins New Jersey Election 4. Police Reform Efforts Stay Despite ‘No' Vote 5. Reactions to Gop Youngkin's Win in Va. 6. Biden: Dems Need to 'produce' for Americans 7. Biden: RPT of $450k Payments Not True 8. Fed Takes Steps to Reduce Massive Covid Help 9. SCOTUS Hears Arguments Against NY Gun Law 10. ‘Suitcase Murder' Daughter Arrives in U.S. 11. FAA Administrator: Boeing Has More Work to Do 12. Watchdog Says No Penalty for Airstrike Mishap 13. Covid: Los Angeles Mayor Tests Positive for Virus 14. Vaccine Mandate Protest in Calif. Bay Area 15. New York City Ready for 50th TCS Marathon 16. Times Square Unveils Giant Snow Globes 17. Amazon Wants You to Speak Less to Alexa 18. Md. Air Natl. Guard Performs ‘Elephant Walk' 19. EU Lawmakers' First Official Visit to Taiwan 20. U.S. Warship Sails to Black Sea 21. Impounded British Trawler Leaves France 22. Vax Contract Lacks Transparency: EU Lawmaker 23. Art Collection Returns for Exhibition 24. Marie Antoinette's Diamonds Up for Auction 25. Italy's Prosecco Producers Outraged
NTD News Today—11/4/20211. Fine for Non-compliance Up to $14,0002. Nj. Democrat Phil Murphy Wins Reelection3. Truck Driver Wins New Jersey Election4. Police Reform Efforts Stay Despite ‘No' Vote5. Reactions to Gop Youngkin's Win in Va.6. Biden: Dems Need to 'produce' for Americans7. Biden: RPT of $450k Payments Not True8. Fed Takes Steps to Reduce Massive Covid Help9. SCOTUS Hears Arguments Against NY Gun Law10. ‘Suitcase Murder' Daughter Arrives in U.S.11. FAA Administrator: Boeing Has More Work to Do12. Watchdog Says No Penalty for Airstrike Mishap13. Covid: Los Angeles Mayor Tests Positive for Virus14. Vaccine Mandate Protest in Calif. Bay Area15. New York City Ready for 50th TCS Marathon16. Times Square Unveils Giant Snow Globes17. Amazon Wants You to Speak Less to Alexa18. Md. Air Natl. Guard Performs ‘Elephant Walk'19. EU Lawmakers' First Official Visit to Taiwan20. U.S. Warship Sails to Black Sea21. Impounded British Trawler Leaves France22. Vax Contract Lacks Transparency: EU Lawmaker23. Art Collection Returns for Exhibition24. Marie Antoinette's Diamonds Up for Auction25. Italy's Prosecco Producers Outraged
ABOUT SPONGEBOB BINGEPANTSTake a deep dive down to Bikini Bottom with this official SpongeBob SquarePants companion podcast from Nickelodeon. Hosts Frankie Grande (Henry Danger) and Hector Navarro (Nickelodeon Animation Podcast) love SpongeBob SquarePants. That's why they've decided to rewatch the entire series, starting all the way back to the iconic first episode. Each week, Frankie and Hector have hilarious conversations, and interview special guests from voice actors to veteran artists, uncovering behind-the-scenes secrets about everyone's favorite sea sponge. SpongeBob BingePants is a weekly celebration of all things absorbent and yellow and porous!Episodes here:https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-spongebob-bingepants-86469433/ABOUT FRANKIE GRANDEFrankie Grande (born January 24, 1983) is an American dancer, singer, actor, television host, producer, and YouTuber.On Nickelodeon, he plays the role of Frankini in Henry Danger, The Adventures of Kid Danger and Danger Force. He also guest starred on All That and Unfiltered.ABOUT HECTOR NAVARROHector Navarro is a self-described "cartoon nerd" who has lived and breathed animation his entire life. He's a host on Geek & Sundry Twitch channel, as well as co-host of Cineverse on Hyper RPG. He also plays Captain Rafael Martinez on Shield of Tomorrow. .Hailing from San Diego, Calif., Hector has a degree in Media Arts and Animation from The Art Institute of California, and is a former Nickelodeon intern. Hector has worked as a visual effects artists on such films as The Avengers, Iron Man 3, and the Shrek movies. His preferred method of bending is water and his favourite characters include Angelica from Rugrats and Leo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Five years ago this month, a 34-year-old mother disappeared while out for a run not far from her home in Redding, Calif. ABC10 Reporter Ananda Rochita shares what Sherri Papini told investigators about her kidnapping and where the case stands today.
NTD Evening News—11/3/2021 1. Senate GOP Blocks Latest Election Bill 2. Analysis: Republican Victories in Virginia 3. New Jersey Governor's Race Too Close to Call 4. Fla. Office to Investigate Election Crime 5. Election Director in Georgia's Fulton County Resigning 6. New Yorkers Protest Vax Mandate for Children 7. Vaccine Mandate Protest Bay Area 8. Calif. Begins Vaccinating 5–11-Year-Old Kids 9. SF Bans City Travel to States Over Voter Laws 10. Minneapolis Voters Reject Police Replacement 11. Michelle Wu Wins Boston Mayoral Election 12. Closer Look at NYC Mayor-Elect's Policies 13. Harlem Blaze Destroys Shops Near Fire Station 14. Zillow Closing Homebuying Biz, Cuts 25% Staff 15. Amazon Wants You to Speak Less to Alexa 16. Times Square Unveils Giant Snow Globes 17. Ex-Chinese Official Accused of Sexual Assault 18. Food Buying Frenzy in Eastern China 19. Vax Contract Lacks Transparency: EU Lawmaker 20. NATO Chief: We Need Strong and Green Military 21. IAEA Chief: Nuclear Energy ‘Indispensable' 22. UK's Largest Model Railway Completed 23. Efforts to Save Giant Sequoias From Wildfires 24. Marie Antoinette's Diamonds Up for Auction 25. Sumomomomomomomomo Wins on Japan's Racetrack
NTD Evening News—11/3/20211. Senate GOP Blocks Latest Election Bill2. Analysis: Republican Victories in Virginia3. New Jersey Governor's Race Too Close to Call4. Fla. Office to Investigate Election Crime5. Election Director in Georgia's Fulton County Resigning6. New Yorkers Protest Vax Mandate for Children7. Vaccine Mandate Protest Bay Area8. Calif. Begins Vaccinating 5–11-Year-Old Kids9. SF Bans City Travel to States Over Voter Laws10. Minneapolis Voters Reject Police Replacement11. Michelle Wu Wins Boston Mayoral Election12. Closer Look at NYC Mayor-Elect's Policies13. Harlem Blaze Destroys Shops Near Fire Station14. Zillow Closing Homebuying Biz, Cuts 25% Staff15. Amazon Wants You to Speak Less to Alexa16. Times Square Unveils Giant Snow Globes17. Ex-Chinese Official Accused of Sexual Assault18. Food Buying Frenzy in Eastern China19. Vax Contract Lacks Transparency: EU Lawmaker20. NATO Chief: We Need Strong and Green Military21. IAEA Chief: Nuclear Energy ‘Indispensable'22. UK's Largest Model Railway Completed23. Efforts to Save Giant Sequoias From Wildfires24. Marie Antoinette's Diamonds Up for Auction25. Sumomomomomomomomo Wins on Japan's Racetrack
A California couple's Halloween House Fire decoration is so realistic that a lot of people have called 911 to report an actual fire. Travis and Carmen Long of Riverside, Calif., started their “Pirates of the Caribbean”-themed masterpiece three years ago, This year's addition included an inferno in the windows. Riverside has even sent a fire engine to the Longs' house once, Now, the city has made a note at their 911 call center with the address that says “the house that everybody thinks is on fire but actually is not." Instead, firefighters have congratulated the Longs on their impressive blaze, As many as 400 people show up each night to watch their display.
NTD Evening News—11/1/2021 1. Critics: Vax Mandate for Control, Not Health 2. NY City Workers' Mandate Now Fully in Effect 3. American Airlines Cancels 250 More Flights 4. SCOTUS Hears Arguments on Texas Abortion Law 5. COP26: Biden Promises New Climate Initiative 6. Macron: Australia Lied Over Submarine Deal 7. Final Push Before VA. Gubernatorial Election 8. Colorado Election Voting Security for Nov. 2 9. Jury Selection for Rittenhouse Murder Trial 10. Man Who Firebombed Brooklyn Deli Arrested 11. Houston Employs Goats to Clear Overgrowth 12. Calif. Bay Area Counties Ease Mask Mandates 13. Music Festival Ends, Officials Gifted Tickets 14. Virus Case Found: Shanghai Disneyland Locked Down 15. Is China's Virus Outbreak in CCP HQ Area? 16. Virus Origins May Never Be Known: U.S. Report 17. China Clamps Down on Virus Outbreaks 18. Over a Dozen Injured After Two Trains Crash 19. Thousands March Against Vaccine Passports 20. Barclays CEO Leaves After Epstein Probe 21. Stranded Australians Return Home 22. Dyeing Clothes In-Store: Future of Retail? 23. Target Unveils Early ‘Black Friday' Sales 24. Disguised Hamilton Surprises Kids at F1 HQ
1 November 2021 | All Saints | Menlo Park, Calif. Returning after a brief interlude, we tackle the last two Unfinished Tales of the Third Age, consider why there is no friendship among thieves (or Nazgûl), and discuss the connection between All Saints and All Souls day - and why there's hope for us all to make it to heaven! Opening music: “Gaudeamus omnes,” introit for the Solemnity of All Saints, sung by the Schola Cantorum of the Institute of Christ the King, Sovereign Priest, dir. Canon Louis Valadier, 2018. All rights reserved. --- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/in-your-embrace/message
NTD Evening News—11/1/20211. Critics: Vax Mandate for Control, Not Health2. NY City Workers' Mandate Now Fully in Effect3. American Airlines Cancels 250 More Flights4. SCOTUS Hears Arguments on Texas Abortion Law5. COP26: Biden Promises New Climate Initiative6. Macron: Australia Lied Over Submarine Deal7. Final Push Before VA. Gubernatorial Election8. Colorado Election Voting Security for Nov. 29. Jury Selection for Rittenhouse Murder Trial10. Man Who Firebombed Brooklyn Deli Arrested11. Houston Employs Goats to Clear Overgrowth12. Calif. Bay Area Counties Ease Mask Mandates13. Music Festival Ends, Officials Gifted Tickets14. Virus Case Found: Shanghai Disneyland Locked Down15. Is China's Virus Outbreak in CCP HQ Area?16. Virus Origins May Never Be Known: U.S. Report17. China Clamps Down on Virus Outbreaks18. Over a Dozen Injured After Two Trains Crash19. Thousands March Against Vaccine Passports20. Barclays CEO Leaves After Epstein Probe21. Stranded Australians Return Home22. Dyeing Clothes In-Store: Future of Retail?23. Target Unveils Early ‘Black Friday' Sales24. Disguised Hamilton Surprises Kids at F1 HQ
A couple months ago I shared my initial experience with TriDot after a couple months of use. We've invited a friend of ours Matt Bach to help explain TriDot gives athletes a highly individualized training plan using artificial intelligence, environmental factors, and even your genetic data. Show Sponsor: VENGA CBD Thanks very much to Venga CBD for helping make the show possible. Venga was started in Colorado by athletes like you who wanted a better way to use CBD to help fight pain, train longer, race harder and recover faster. Venga created a SYSTEM of CBD products that cover 100% of your CBD needs (Ultra Gels, Sleep formula, Balm, Gummies and Energy Drink). Each product is specifically made to support an area of your endurance life from training (Ultra Gels) to racing (Gummies and Energy Drink) to recovery (Balm and Sleep). All Venga CBD products are 100% THC Free and water soluble! Just go to https://vengaendurance.com/303podcast to order yours today. First-time order is 30% off with code (303PODCAST). We've also added 50% off your first month's subscription with code (303SUBSCRIPTION). In Today's Show Interview with Matt Bach Endurance News IRONMAN Sacramento Cancelled by Bomb Cyclone USAT Foundation Accepting Applications for 2022 Ambassador What's new in the 303 Colorado's Newest Safety Stop Community Let Your Next Race “Call You” and Don't Be Afraid to Answer Video of the Week Justin Metzler on IM California Interview Sponsor: UCAN Take your performance to the next level with UCAN Energy and Bars made with SuperStarch® UCAN uses SuperStarch instead of simple sugars to fuel serious athletes. UCAN keeps blood sugar steady compared to the energy spikes and crashes of sugar-based products. Steady energy equals sustained performance! You put in the training, so don't let nutrition limit your performance. Use UCAN in your training and racing to fuel the healthy way, finish stronger and recover more quickly! Use the code 303UCAN for 20% off at ucan.co/discount/303UCAN/ or ucan.co Use the code 303UCAN for 20% off at ucan.co/discount/303UCAN/ or ucan.co, Interview with Matt Bach A couple years ago we met our guest in Kona. Matt is a Wall St to Kona story as an athlete and he's a well respected coach and industry leader. Matt Bach made a move to work for Predictive Fitness after a successful career at UCAN. Ever curious to know what Matt was up to, we learned that he was working for TriDot, which I admittedly knew very little about. A cursory research led me to understand it was a training app, something about artificial intelligence, but that's about it. The athlete gets the most perfect training workout, structured in the perfect way, and with the exact intensity for the temperature and altitude the workout is being performed. TriDot then uses the athlete's training and testing results with RaceX to predict race performance on your goal race. When every workout counts, make every workout count! This week we have Matt Bach from TriDot. To check out RemoteRacing and sign up for the inaugural USA Triathlon Remote National Championships: https://remoteracing.com/ To check out TriDot and start your 2 week free trial: https://tridot.com/ 5 Tips for Free Speed: https://www.myracex.com/5-tips-for-free-speed/ Our News is sponsored by Buddy Insurance. Buddy Insurance is the kind of peace of mind so you can enjoy your training and racing to their fullest. Buddy's mission is simple, to help people fearlessly enjoy an active and outdoor lifestyle. You can now get on-demand accident insurance to make sure you get cash for bills fast and fill any gaps between your current coverage. Go to buddyinsurance.com and create an account. There's no commitment or charge to create one. Once you have an account created, it's a snap to open your phone and in a couple clicks have coverage for the day. Check it out! Endurance News: IRONMAN California Cancelled Due to "Unprecedented Weather Conditions" Friday Rained until 11am and then cleared, the sun came out during the pro panel with Justin Metzler, Lionel Sanders and Jan Frodeno. The weather the rest of the afternoon was great for riding the course and getting in a practice swim. The forecast at the time called for 70 percent chance of rain every hour all day and Sunday to be 100% rain on Sunday. Saturday Partly cloudy in the morning. Started to drizzle off and on around 4. By 8 there was a steady rain and 8:23 a notification went out that the bike was cut to 56 miles (1 lap instead of 2). Transition would open at 5 instead of 4:30. Sunday Driving across the Tower bridge to Sutter Health Ball Park (Transition) the rain was pouring. Some athletes were walking across the bridge in the driving rain. The parking lot was a lake. I was shocked that they hadn't cancelled the race yet. Matt put his wetsuit on in the car and then we tried to find dry ground to walk on to get to the park entrance. and we Wes from Pro Bike Express had to move his truck 2 or 3 times to higher ground. It was pouring and so I handed him his bags, wished him luck, and told him I'd see him at the swim exit. The athletes would be shuttled up river. As I headed back to the car, the wind blew my umbrella inside out and I worried about Matt. I drove back across the bridge to a parking garage to stay out of the rain until closer to the start. The plan was to bundle up and watch the swim exit. At 6:30 I received a text from Matt "it's cancelled". Matt explained later that a volunteer came on the bus and made the announcement. I was meanwhile in traffic coming back across the bridge to the ball park to pick him up. Thank goodness he had Pro Bike Express to give his bike to. I felt terrible for the athletes walking or riding their bikes across the bridge. The athletes received an email from IRONMAN later in the day: Dear 2021 IRONMAN California Athlete, As shared with you earlier, we are beyond disappointed that the 2021 IRONMAN California triathlon could not take place due to unprecedented weather conditions in Sacramento and northern California on Sunday. For an event that has been years in the making, we were excited to showcase this beautiful region and provide you with a race experience that you deserve. However, due to the considerable weather conditions, we felt this was the necessary decision. Based off the unforeseen circumstances and to provide all of our athletes the ability to race, we have made a variety of race options available, including a very limited number of entries to 2021 events (which will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis) and a number of options for 2022 events. Defer to 2022 IRONMAN California – October 23, 2022 (Automatic Option) Free transfer to 2021 Visit Panama City Beach IRONMAN Florida – November 6, 2021* Free transfer to 2021 Select Blinds IRONMAN Arizona- November 21, 2021* Free transfer to 2021 Mazda IRONMAN Cozumel – November 21, 2021 Free transfer to 2022 IRONMAN Texas – April 23, 2022 Free transfer to 2022 Certified Piedmontese IRONMAN Tulsa – May 22, 2022 Free transfer to 2022 Certified Piedmontese IRONMAN North American Championship Des Moines – June 12, 2022 Free transfer to 2022 ViewSPORT IRONMAN Lake Placid – July 24, 2022 Free transfer to 2022 Subaru IRONMAN Canada-Penticton – August 28, 2022 Free transfer to 2022 IRONMAN Wisconsin – September 11, 2022 Free transfer to 2022 IRONMAN Maryland- September 17, 2022 Free transfer to Little Debbies IRONMAN Chattanooga presented by McKee, A Family Bakery – September 25, 2022 Free transfer to 2022 Visit Panama City Beach IRONMAN Florida – November 5, 2022 Free transfer to 2022 IRONMAN Arizona- November 20, 2022 *2021 event options are first-come, first-served and very limited availability On Tuesday, October 26th at 12pm eastern, you will receive an email from Active with a link to select your event option. If you would like to compete in IRONMAN California on October 23, 2022, no action is required at this time. If you choose to not remain in the new event date, you will have until Monday, Nov 8 at 11:59 p.m. ET to complete your new event selection in the provided Active link. Please note: if you plan to select any of the 2021 IRONMAN event options, your selection will need to be completed no later than Thursday, October 28th at 11:59 p.m. ET. If you have additional questions, please contact email@example.com. While we were prevented from holding the event in 2021, we look forward to providing you with an exceptional IRONMAN race experience in the future. The IRONMAN California Team USA TRIATHLON FOUNDATION NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2022 AMBASSADOR TEAM Posted on October 26, 2021 COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The USA Triathlon Foundation announced today it is now accepting applications for the fourth annual USA Triathlon Foundation Ambassador Team. The USA Triathlon Foundation Ambassador Team is a group of dedicated individuals who are committed to raising awareness for the USA Triathlon Foundation and its mission, which is transforming lives through sport by opening pathways to swimming, biking, and running for all. The application window runs from Oct 15th through Nov 5th. The ambassador team is based around the everyday triathlete who has a passion for giving back. Through local service projects, community outreach activities and beginner triathlon clinics, ambassadors embody the goals of the USA Triathlon Foundation: to support and promote triathlon, and to open pathways to triathlon to those for whom it might not otherwise be possible. Outreach activities will support one of the Foundation's three key focus areas: encouraging every child to participate, inspiring adaptive athletes to get involved, and igniting athletes' dreams of competing at the Olympic or Paralympic Games. “The impact our ambassadors have had in growing and supporting the sport of triathlon in their local communities, as well as at national and world events, is a testament to the passion and dedication the multisport family displays on a daily basis.” said Laura Goodwin, Foundation Development and Program Coordinator for the USA Triathlon Foundation. “We look forward to growing both the influence and outreach of the Ambassador team as we field the largest team yet this year.” Ambassador team members will participate in service projects on-site at the 2022 Toyota Legacy Triathlon in Long Beach, Calif., on July 15-17 and the Toyota USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships in Milwaukee on August 6-7. Service projects will support local triathlon communities and multisport-focused charities in each host city. What's New in the 303: Colorado's Newest Safety Stop Community On October 19, Manitou Springs became the latest Colorado community to adopt the Safety Stop! Bicyclists in Manitou can now treat stop signs as yield signs and stop lights as stop signs when the coast is clear. John Graham, the Mayor of Manitou Springs said in a statement, “Creating an environment where our roads are more comfortable for everyone—at no cost to the taxpayers—is a great achievement for the City of Manitou Springs, and we hope to see other municipalities follow suit in the future.” Congratulations to the residents of Manitou Springs! We're excited to see more communities in Colorado passing this common-sense ordinance. We're gearing up for the 2022 legislative session, where we're fighting to pass a law that would standardize the Safety Stop across the state. The Safety Stop Several Colorado communities allow bicyclists to perform the Safety Stop, a safer way for people on bikes to cross at intersections when they have the right of way. The maneuver allows people riding bicycles to: treat stop signs as yield signs. treat red lights as stop signs. The Safety Stop does not impact the current right-of-way. People on bicycles can proceed straight, right, or left at a reasonable speed of no more than 15 miles per hour only when the coast is clear. Click here to watch our explainer video and announcement of Englewood's adoption of the Safety Stop. As of October 25, 2021, the following Colorado communities allow bicyclists to perform the maneuver: Aspen (stop-as-yield only) Berthoud Breckenridge Dillon (stop-as-yield only) Englewood Manitou Springs Steamboat Springs Summit County Thornton To learn more about the Safety Stop's benefits for bicyclists, as well as Bicycle Colorado's efforts to make this legal statewide, please click here. Upcoming Guests Allysa Seely Video Of The Week IRONMAN CALIFORNIA RACE WEEK Closing: Thanks again for listening in this week. Please be sure to follow us @303endurance and of course go to iTunes and give us a rating and a comment. We'd really appreciate it! Stay tuned, train informed, and enjoy the endurance journey!
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- The LA Galaxy and head coach Greg Vanney need a reality check. And an uninspiring loss to Sporting KC may have taught them their most important lesson before their two biggest games of the season. On today's show, host Josh Guesman wants to walk you through all the Galaxy's mistakes against SKC and tell you why they can't afford to make them again. Plus, there's a lot of league news that you're going to want to know before the Galaxy travel to Seattle for some Monday night football. Josh will start with taking apart the Galaxy's loss to SKC and talk about how the stats will make this game closer than it was. Sure Sporting only got two shots on goal, and sure the Galaxy had the same number on their side, but in actuality, the Galaxy got played off the field in this game, and a lot of it has to do with not finding the vertical seams in SKC defense. Plus, Victor Vazquez, Jonathan dos Santos, and Rayan Raveloson were exploited on Wednesday night when the home team was able to pressure them into turnovers. Why did the defense allow two goals? And why do the Galaxy have a big choice to make on Sebastian Lletget? Josh will also look at Designated Players across the league and try and determine if Goals + Assists mean something in the grand scheme of things. Or does it just matter when it matters? We'll explain! And Julian Araujo has been nominated for a bunch of post-season awards, and he's the only player the Galaxy might see win one or two. Plus, we'll be looking at the standings in the Western conference and why we're convinced that the Galaxy will be playing for everything when they face off against Minnesota! Finally, with the Galaxy traveling to Seattle on Sunday, Josh wants to get you ready for the biggest game of the season. Can LA find a way to catch the Sounders unaware? Or will the Galaxy be left to watch the scoreboard through the rest of the week?
NTD Evening News—10/27/2021 1. Alec Baldwin's Gun Fired Live Round: Sheriff 2. Ag Garland Defends Memo on School Boards 3. Protest at National School Boards Association 4. Calif. Schools Could Start Vaccinations Nov 5. Kids Shouldn't Get Covid Vax: Harvard Prof.
NTD Evening News—10/27/20211. Alec Baldwin's Gun Fired Live Round: Sheriff2. Ag Garland Defends Memo on School Boards3. Protest at National School Boards Association4. Calif. Schools Could Start Vaccinations Nov5. Kids Shouldn't Get Covid Vax: Harvard Prof.
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- If you're a pessimist, you see the LA Galaxy's draw to FC Dallas on Saturday night as two points lost. If you're an optimist, the draw might give the Galaxy the one point they need to make the playoffs. But both sets of people would agree, the next two games are challenging. And getting results against Sporting KC and the Seattle Sounders would mean the Galaxy earn the post-season spot! On today's show, hosts Josh Guesman and Kevin Baxter discuss the Galaxy's pathetic first-half performance against a bottom-dwelling team in the Western Conference, and why Greg Vanney may have gotten it wrong with the players he chose for the starting lineup. And just how important is Julian Araujo to the Galaxy? Newsflash -- very important! Was that a peek at what the Galaxy might be facing once Araujo moves on from Major League Soccer? But Josh and Kevin are keeping their eyes on the Wednesday night matchup with Sporting KC. Kevin thinks the Galaxy are catching KC at the perfect time. And their schedule and the history of games played Children's Mercy Park might lean into that... almost. Josh thinks that getting a point from both KC and Seattle is key to getting into the playoffs. But with the inconsistency of the entire conference, maybe just a win against Minnesota will be enough? Along the way, the guys are talking about an "elite" level performance from Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez and why a spurt of goals could make a big ripple for the Galaxy and for the Golden Boot. Josh even has a chart for you to look at or something. Finally, the guys preview the Wednesday night matchup, why the Galaxy will be missing another defender, and why SKC might be down a goalkeeper and their leading scorer. There's a lot to discuss, and we're delighted you could join us!
We release this dubious beast from the Patreon secret tapes of the year past, to celebrate the holy season of Halloween, the time when the veil is thin between the realities. Desert Oracle Campfire Stories, Halloween 2018 C.E., was recorded live around the campfire at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs, Calif. The instrumental soundscapes you hear along with the crackling campfire and the murmurs of the assembled campers were recorded by our own RedBlueBlackSilver out of Joshua Tree, Calif. Stories told by Ken Layne. Support the show: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=26080998 See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST: http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/subscribe/ - COG LA GALAXY DISCORD: https://discord.gg/drr9HFZY2P - COG MERCHANDISE (SCARVES, T-SHIRTS, BUTTONS, COASTERS): http://www.cornerofthegalaxy.com/SHOP COG STUDIOS, Calif. -- What is there really to say about putting the Houston Dynamo to bed early? A lot, actually. And we want to share it with you. On today's show, hosts Josh Guesman and Eric Vieira talk about all the pertinent points the Galaxy accomplished against the Dynamo and why it makes Wednesday's game one of the most important of the year. In actuality, it all comes down to allowing Greg Vanney to start thinking about the FC Dallas game before the Houston game was even over. And that's something the Galaxy have failed to accomplish this entire season. And with six points out of nine so far in the week, the Dallas game takes on an importance that might not have been there if the Galaxy don't win midweek. The guys will talk about the significant contributions from the alternate lineup guys like Sacha Kljestan, Efrain Alvarez, and Kevin Cabral. And they'll also focus on Jonathan Bond's clean sheet and Julian Araujo's continued aggressiveness. Even Sebastian Lletget and Jonathan dos Santos get some kind words lobbed in their direction. But the defensive pairing of Nick DePuy and Derrick Williams also deserves some focus. Josh and Eric will also discuss the latest salary numbers and who has spent the most money at each team segment throughout the league. Plus, they'll talk about the dollar cost per point and why it's okay to be spending a lot if you're getting a lot. Finally, the guys will look ahead to a match with FC Dallas that could have the visitors Pepi-less. What's the key to unlocking the Dallas defense? And why should the Galaxy's game plan be to score first... again? We've got a great show for you today, and we're glad we can get you ready for a Saturday night matchup! We'll see you at the game!
Medical marijuana is now legal in more than half of the country. The cities of Denver, Seattle, Washington and Oakland, Calif., have also decriminalized psilocybin (the psychedelic element in “magic mushrooms”). Oregon went one step further, decriminalizing all drugs in small quantities, including heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine.Attitudes toward drugs have changed considerably over the years. But the question of whether all drugs should be legalized continues to be contentious. How much have attitudes toward illegal drugs changed? And why?This week, Jane Coaston talks to Ismail Ali, the policy and advocacy director for the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, and Jonathan P. Caulkins, a professor of operations research and public policy at Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College, about the pros and cons of legalizing all drugs.Mentioned in this episode:“Is there a Case for Legalizing Heroin?” by Benjamin Wallace-Wells in The New Yorker“The Drug-Policy Roulette” by Jonathan P. Caulkins and Michael A.C. Lee in the National Affairs Summer 2012 edition“Michael Pollan's ‘Trip Report,'” on The New York Times Opinion podcast “Sway”